Special Financing - Ends Jan 1, 2024
As low as $3/month with 24 mo. financing*
See all payment options
Tech Support Free Sweetwater Support
Delivered In Minutes!
Delivered by download. Our unique partnership with Arobas Music delivers your license code within minutes.
Software Is Not Returnable
Sorry, software cannot be returned once registered, so please call if you need advice about compatibility or version.
Most software is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers, but check to make sure.
If you're using Pro Tools, AAX plug-ins (or RTAS for older versions) are what you need. Most other Mac DAWs support AU plug-ins. VST is compatible with a number of Mac and Windows programs. Be sure you choose plug-ins that work with your DAW!
To learn more about software compatibility, check out our buying guide.
Ask An Expert
Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help!
What is a Sales Engineer?
Most Popular Accessories & Related Items
Arobas Music Guitar Pro 8 Tab Editing and Composition Software
Delivered In Minutes!
This article was Written By
Our Product Research Team
Get to know them!
Effortless Tab Editing and Composing
Arobas Music’s Guitar Pro 8 is an incredibly powerful tool for guitarists looking to compose music, edit music notation or tablature, or simply learn your favorite songs! Guitar Pro 8 builds upon its previous iteration with a plethora of new features that will be sure to streamline your creative process, including the ability to add audio files to scores, increased control and editing capabilities, and enhanced tools to make learning more interactive and intuitive. In addition, Guitar Pro 8 boasts a significant upgrade in the sound department, boasting its biggest tab library yet and an improved soundbank. From the absolute beginner looking to learn their first few riffs to shredding virtuosos who need a powerful transcription program, Guitar Pro 8 is unquestionably an essential tool for the modern musician.
Related Videos: Guitar Pro 8 Tab Editing and Composition Software
What's new in Guitar Pro 8?
- Add audio files to your scores
- Focus/Unfocus controls allow you to home in on a single track's audio
- Visual metronome for easy timekeeping
- Virtual effect chain and pedalboard
- Increased duration, offset, and velocity controls on your score
- Individually mix each element of the drum set
- Soundbank previews
- Increased tab editing capabilities
- Scale diagrams
- Nested tuplets for complex rhythmic patterns
- Visual piano fingering indicators
- Command palette to quickly access the tools you need
- New mySongBook filtering options
- Bigger tab library
Learn your favorite songs and improve your technique
Guitar Pro 8 makes reading musical scores a piece of cake, sporting a plethora of tools to learn guitar riffs from tablature, with the ability to view the score for piano, drums, brass, and strings in standard notation. Slash notation is ideal for sight-reading rhythms from chord charts, and a virtual fretboard and keyboard show you exactly where to position your fingers, making it very easy to learn new material. Plus, an onboard visual metronome, a looper, a polyphonic tuner, and other helpful tools will help optimize your practice time.
Create and edit your own professional scores
Creating a professional score is easier than ever, thanks to Guitar Pro 8's Start screen and Recent Files panel. Use the track creation wizard to start composing and choosing the instrument you want to edit, with the notation style, the tuning, and sound to apply. Then capture the notes with your computer's numeric pad, mouse, or your MIDI controller, using an easy-to-understand graphical representation of your instrument.
Craft full arrangements with realistic virtual instruments
Guitar Oro 8 gives you the tools you need to bring your arrangements to life, with a newly improved selection of virtual instruments, including an impressive Realistic Sound Engine (RSE) Soundbank. Injecting some character into your sound is easier than ever with expressive playing effects like palm muting, harmonics, bends, vibrato, and more. Searching for a specific chord voicing or exotic scale? You can employ Guitar Pro 8's virtual fretboard or keyboard to display the chords and scales stored in its built-in chord and scale libraries. Plus, you can even enter lyrics and arrange them on top of your vocal track.
Shape your sound with an array of effects
Guitar Pro 8’s amp simulators make it easy to sculpt your guitar’s sound, and almost any effect you can dream up is included to capture the tone in your head. This iteration of Guitar Pro boasts an all-encompassing virtual effect chain and pedalboard to perfectly mix, match, and organize the different virtual stompboxes in your signal chain. Once you’ve finished dialing in your base tone, Guitar Pro 8 comes loaded with utility and dynamics effects to smooth out your mix.
Export and share your compositions
Have you ever shared your score with another musician and then found everything had been changed when it was sent back? Guitar Pro 8 fixes this problem, allowing you to lock your files with a password — choose between editing lock and file opening lock options. Export your compositions in your format of choice, such as MP3, FLAC, and Ogg.
Arobas Music Guitar Pro 8 Features:
- Reads standard, tablature, and slash notation
- Redesigned interface makes navigation a piece of cake
- Create your own professional scores for one or several instruments
- Capture notes with your computer's numeric pad, mouse, or your MIDI controller
- Real Sound Engine (RSE) Soundbanks bring your arrangements to life
- Create expressive playing effects like palm muting, harmonics, bends, and vibrato, as well as golpe, pick scrape, dead slap, and more
- Chord and scale libraries display chords and scales on a virtual fretboard or keyboard
- Sculpt your sound with amp simulators and stompbox-style effects, including a new virtual effect chain
- Focus/Unfocus controls to home in on a specific track's audio
- Improved editing, mixing, and control capabilities to better capture your sonic ideas
- Visual metronome and piano fingering indicators for an improved learning experience
- Finalize your project with a compressor/limiter, reverb, and 10-band EQ
- Download songs online or access full-instrument tabs on mySongBook.com
- Print your score, read it with the Guitar Pro app for smartphone and tablet, email it, or save it on your computer
- Lock your files to prevent tampering and export your compositions in your format of choice, such as MP3, FLAC, and Ogg
- Software Type: Notation
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full: Full
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Bit Depth: 64-bit
- Format: Standalone
- Hardware Requirements - Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo processor or higher, 4GB RAM or more recommended
- Hardware Requirements - PC: Intel Core 2 Duo processor or higher, 4GB RAM or more recommended
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.13 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 8.1 or later
- Manufacturer Part Number: 11-33507
What Makes Our Sales Engineers Great?
Sweetwater Sales Engineers are a world-class team of experts dedicated to you. Hand selected from across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear to provide you with unparalleled service completely free of charge. Friendly relationships, real trust, and the right gear are only a call or a click away!
Contact Your Sales Engineer
Mostly I have created bass tablature with song lyric and piano chords. Have not yet created a drum score but I am confident that shouldn't be difficult now that I have started to learn how the program works. I haven't worked with audio tracks yet either, but looking forward to learning how to do that too.
The only feature that I struggled with until I learned how to use it was the stylesheet section. This is where you adjust the size and style of notes, tabs, text, lyrics and overall appearance of your document. Once I got my sheet music to look the way I wanted I saved the format so when I create a new document I can pull up that saved formatting. This way I know the finished product will look the way I want it to look without having to do all that editing again. This is important because the default note, tab, and lyric settings are microscopically small and you will find that you will have to change them if you plan to print out sheet music.
Arobas Music Guitar Pro 8 is an excellent program especially for the price.
See also:Notation, Arobas Music, Arobas Music Notation Software